This is a ground floor opportunity for an innovative marketing leader who wants to be part of building the sustainable future for trusted advertising.
About the Opportunity
Made up of the world’s most trusted premium content brands, TRUSTX is a cooperative private marketplace laser-focused on restoring trust, transparency and safety to programmatic advertising. With TRUSTX, advertisers can source high-quality media with confidence and safety at scale, while publishers can earn ad revenues commensurate with the quality of content and audiences they deliver.
Now in its second year since launch, TRUSTX is seeking an executive-level marketer to spread the word and elevate the TRUSTX brand across major marketing and media channels.
Role: Hands-on Head of Marketing
Location: New York Metro area with some sporadic travel
The ideal Head of Marketing is passionate about digital marketing, media and technology. You’re focused on driving results while building the TRUSTX brand. You possess the talent and experience to both refine and amplify the company’s purpose-oriented message broadly across the digital ecosystem to client-side media buyers, major agencies and premium content publishers. Reporting directly to the company’s CEO, you will be tasked to establish a strategy for trade marketing, conferences and events, traditional media and thought leadership, while taking full responsibility for execution.
Because TRUSTX is still in its early stages of growth, you must be someone who is motivated to be resourceful, innovative and entrepreneurial. You’re a self-starter who can gather the intelligence needed to continually shape and evolve the TRUSTX brand, develop our marketing strategy and implement the marketing plan you’ll design. You’ll not only be spreading the word, but creating a compelling narrative that motivates potential TRUSTX clients to seek out our services. This is a rare opportunity to play a leadership role in our growth strategy while building our marketing organization from the ground up.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the TRUSTX brand as the industry’s only trade-backed, purpose-driven vehicle for restoring trust, transparency and safety to the programmatic digital advertising supply chain.
- Focus on brand positioning and the regular evolution of the TRUSTX message in concert with the cadence of change in digital advertising and programmatic markets.
- Directly responsible for developing marketing and thought leadership materials designed to accelerate industry awareness and adoption of TRUSTX, such as case studies, white papers, industry POVs, social media and blog posts, byline articles and the company’s website.
- Build a speaker bureau program, monitoring industry events and pitching earned speaking opportunities for company executives.
- Develop co-marketing programs with industry partners and clients.
- Create TRUSTX-branded insight events, including events co-sponsored with TRUSTX publisher-members, that attract client-side and agency media buyers.
- Manage the company’s outside PR and comms firm along with select design and production agencies.
- At least ten years marketing experience with no less than five years in marketing leadership roles.
- Hands-on marketing experience within digital advertising, adtech and/or martech organizations.
- Strong knowledge of industry terminology and the top-of-mind challenges frequently associated with programmatic advertising.
- Experience in a start-up environment (digital advertising or marketing technology preferred) with demonstrated success in a high-growth, hands-on culture.
- Excellent communications skills, and in particular the ability to convert complex ideas into simple messages; exceptional visual, written and verbal skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proactive and resourceful in carrying out work assignments.
- Highly organized; experience managing multiple projects on tight deadlines with great attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
Compensation and Benefits
TRUSTX is a B Corp (public benefit corporation) without outside shareholders or investors. Our compensation model is designed to provide top employees with base salaries and generous performance-based bonuses that are competitive with the total value of compensation and stock options typical of similar roles at venture-backed advertising technology companies.
In addition, TRUSTX offers a suite of premier health and retirement benefits for employees and their families.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRUSTX Digital Advertising Services, Inc. PBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity as a core value.
It is our mission to create success for every employee by appreciating the uniqueness that each person brings to the workplace.
We support equal access and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.