How We Use Information
Last update June 1 2017
We are TrustX Digital Advertising Services, Inc. PBC, the operator of the TrustX cooperative marketplace for online advertising. This policy sets out our privacy practices and explains how we handle the information we collect when you visit our site located at http://trustx.org/ ( the “Site”) and when you are viewing an advertisement that has been served through the TrustX marketplace (“Services”).
The TrustX Website
Information We Collect on Our Site
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on sites and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp and click data.
- “Web beacons” are electronic files used to track your navigation of a website or collection of sites, the completion of transactions, submittal of applications and browsing behavior.
In addition, when you visit our Site you may optionally choose to submit questions and, in so doing, provide us with personal information about you that you knowingly choose to disclose, such as name and email address, and of course, the other contents in your question.
How We Use Information
We and our third-party service providers may use personal information you provide:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- to alert you of TrustX developments we believe may be of interest to you, and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services and identifying usage trends.
Sharing Your Information
We share information collected on the Site with:
- third-party service providers who assist with the operation of our Site
- third parties, in connection with any transaction in which we raise money or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
- Law enforcement agencies and others in conformance with applicable law or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us, to protect or defend our rights and property or those of our users, and to investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of the law or our terms, conditions, and policies.
TrustX Marketplace Services
Information We Collect in the TrustX Marketplace
In the delivery of advertising through the Services, TrustX may collect information that is linked or reasonably linkable to a particular computer or device, such as: browser and device information; IP address; time spent on the Services, pages visited including the analysis of the content contained on such pages, language preferences, date and time an ad was served, clicks on ads, and other traffic data; general location inferred from IP address; unique identifier, including operating system type and version.
We and our third-party service providers may collect this information in a variety of ways, including through: your browser or device; your mobile advertising identifier, such as Apple IDFA and Google Advertising ID; the use of statistical identifiers (which collect and use certain characteristics of your device to help us identify it over time); your use of the apps; the use of pixel tags and other similar technologies; your IP address; the aggregation of information; HTTP entity tags and web cache; and cookies.
How We Use Information
We use information collected via the Services:We may use information:
- to operate, improve, analyze and manage the Services;
- for advertising purposes, such as fraud prevention, billing, logging the number and type of ads served on a device to cap the number of times a consumer sees an ad or to sequence ad creative (aka “frequency capping” and “ad sequencing”);
- to measure and report on the success of marketing campaigns via pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs); and
- to enable our publishers to offer, and our advertising partners to deliver, interest-based advertising. (To learn more about your advertising choices, see Consumer Privacy and Your Choices below.
Sharing Your Information
We share your information collected in connection with the Services in the same ways that we share your information collected in connection with the Site and in the following additional ways:
- with TrustX publishers to allow them to analyze the effectiveness and performance of our services;
- with our media buyer clients who use it in a number of ways including to allow them to make decisions regarding buying advertising inventory, and to analyze the effectiveness and performance of their advertising campaigns via our services;
- and with our third-party service providers for measurement, fraud prevention and verification purposes. For a list of the third party service providers we use in connection with the Services, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumer Privacy and Your Choices
In connection with our marketplace, publishers and advertisers engage in interest based advertising, which is the collection of information about viewing behaviors, over time, from a one or more devices for the purpose of using such information to deliver advertising more likely to be of interest to the person using the device(s). We require our publishers and advertisers to comply with the Digital Advertising Alliance Ad Choices program (the “Ad Choices Program”) an industry self-regulatory program that allows consumers to opt-out of the use of cookie and non-cookie based information for the purpose of delivering interest based advertising. You can read more about the program and how to opt-out of interest based advertising here.
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors to the Site or Services who are under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under 13 submits personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com.
If you are a non-U.S. user of the Site or Services, by visiting the Site or Services and providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in this policy. In addition, your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your information, you consent to such transfer.
This policy may be updated from time to time by us. We will notify you of any changes to our policy by posting the new policy and changing the “Last Updated” date above. You should consult this page regularly for any changes.
Questions about Privacy
If you have any questions about privacy and your choices, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.